Anemia can be described in two different ways; a low
Knee pain affect a lot of people in the world on a daily basis. Ranging from kids to elderly people, it has become one of the most common reasons to visit orthopedics.
There are a wide range of causes that can make individuals suffer from knee pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Bursitis – It is caused due to irritation in the bursa. Falls, repeated bending of the knee and overuse can cause the swelling and pain.
- Dislocation – The bones and the tendons can get dislocated due to injuries, repeated movement or sudden impacts. Though can be treated easily, can bring great pain.
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome – This is caused due to excessive participation in activities. It causes the IT band tough tissues to get inflamed due to repeated pressure.
- Tears of tendons, cartilage and menisci – Any wear and tear of the structures of soft tissue can bring in sensations of huge pain to the knee area. The pain is further boosted by repeated movements and pressure.
- Osgood-Schalatter Disease – It is a condition that can affect kids as their bones have not changed yet. It can affect the tendon joining the kneecap to the shin.
- Osteoarthritis – It becomes more common with age. It can cause swelling and aching of the knees due to activity. It may also may the joints stiff.
- Patellar tendinitis – It may be caused due to overdoing workouts causing the tendons to swell up. It is also called as ‘jumper’s knee’.
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome – It is caused due to tightness of the muscles, imbalance and problems with alignment. Apart from pain, it can cause locking of the knees.
- Other causes – Some of the other causes of knee pain include infection, sprains, torn ligaments, tendon ruptures, rheumatoid and crystalline arthritis, chondromalacia patella, osteochondritis dissecans, gout, baker’s cyst, fracture and tumor.
1 / 4Next