A heart attack is probably one of the most widely
Gout is painful inflammatory arthritis, and it is the most common form of inflammatory arthritis. Gout occurs because of the deposition of monosodium urate crystals in the joints. It mostly affects the first metacarpophalangeal joint of the big toe. Gout affects males more than females, and it is uncommon in females before menopause. According to the center for disease control and prevention (CDC), 8.3 million people have gout in the USA between 2007 and 2008. Also, the risk of gout increases among people who suffer from chronic diseases, such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, obesity, hyperlipidemia, and cardiovascular diseases.
We will discuss gout in more detail, and we will answer the following questions about it:
- What are the causes and risk factors that of gout?
- What is the clinical presentation of gout?
- How can a doctor diagnose gout?
- What is the treatment of gout, either during the attack or between attacks?
- What is the prognosis of gout?
1 / 10Next