Is heartburn preventable, and what is the role of your lifestyle in management?
Some healthy lifestyle changes can prevent heartburn or promote its management plan, such as:
- Avoid certain foods that make your condition worse.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid overeating (eat smaller and frequent meals).
- Avoid eating immediately (within 3 or 4 hours) before bed.
- Raise the head of your bed.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Avoid tight clothes and belts around your waist.
Talk to your doctor about habits you should change to get a better lifestyle and fewer heartburns.
Finally, heartburn is a common problem, but it’s usually simple and easy to control. Talk to your doctor if there is a sign of an underlying problem or if the simple ways can’t improve this sensation. Follow a healthy lifestyle to prevent heartburn and manage it more effectively.